The following page will list patch notes for all updates within this release (Version 19.09). We invite you to join the player discussion about the content of this release on EVE Online forums:
Initial Release Date: 2021-10-13
Last update: 2021-10-13
🤝 – Indicates a change inspired by player’s feedback or suggestions.
| RELEASES: 2021-10-13.1
| ———- | ———- |
Patch Notes For 2021-10-13.1 – EVE X Apple
Features & Changes
Features & Changes
Native Mac Client:
- The Native Mac Client is now the default client on Mac for Tranquility. It is essential to be running the latest version of the launcher for the patch and the migration (see below) to be applied correctly.
- MacOS 10.13 has been deprecated.
- Migration from Wine to Native Mac client:
- The install location of the EVE Client on MacOS is now different as it no longer needs Wine. Due to this, you might see a popup asking for access to the documents folder (for saving logs and screenshots), which you need to accept.
- All client resource files are migrated automatically by the launcher to the new location. The files are then verified to ensure that they are all valid and unneeded files are removed. The verification can take some time, depending on the disk speed. Just sit back and relax.
- Client settings for Tranquility are being copied from the Wine client to the Native Mac client.
- The launcher will clean up the remaining folders from the old Wine client in a future launcher update.
- The default keyboard shortcuts have been changed significantly compared to the Wine client:
- Note: You might need to reset to default shortcuts if you had modified shortcuts for the Wine client.
- Following text formatting and copy/paste shortcuts have been changed to mostly use Command (Cmd) instead of Control for consistency with the default macOS experience and also to avoid clashes with other shortcuts:
- Cmd+C, Cmd+V, Cmd+X, Cmd+A: Copy, paste, cut, and select all – are now using standard commands on macOS.
- Cmd+Left, Cmd+Right – move cursor to the start or end of the line.
- Opt+Left, Opt+Right – move cursor one word left/right.
- Cmd+B, Cmd+I, Cmd+U – bold/italic/underline.
- F11 (Map Browser) has been remapped to Opt+B. This is due to an OS shortcut clash that can occur on some macOS systems where the OS will block F11 to the client due to the ‘Show Desktop’ shortcut. This option can be changed in ‘Mission Control’ on macOS if you wish to use F11 in the client.
- The client now supports left and right option modifier keys. This brings the macOS client in line with the Windows client, with shortcuts mappings now working correctly. For example: left opt + A will open the character sheet, while right opt can be used for alternative character input for that key.
- The moving between targets shortcut (on Windows: Alt+Left / Alt+Right) has been remapped to Ctrl+, / Ctrl+. to avoid clashes with MacOS shortcuts.
- The default shortcut for stopping your ship has been remapped to Shift+Space.
- Several other default keyboard shortcuts were modified for the Mac client and can be found in the ESC – Shortcuts window.
- SpaceMouse is supported on the Intel Native Mac Client, but is currently unsupported on M1 based systems.
- As previously communicated, the “Personal Skill Plans” feature and the Recommendations feature are currently not supported on the native Mac client. These will be supported in a future update. Certified Skill Plans and regular skill training are working as expected.
- The client will automatically throttle framerate if thermally required by the system.
- The mouse cursor on Mac now has a higher resolution.
- The EVE Client logo has been updated for the Mac client.
- Adjusted thresholds for the Dynamic Bounty System.
- Made several improvements to the Skill Plan system:
- Added ‘Hide Trained Skills’ toggle that removes all trained skills from the view.
- Skill Plan can now also be stopped tracking by pressing a button located under a Skill Plan tracker.
- 🤝The functionality to ‘Clear Skill Plan’ now also removes a title and description.
- Made small visual improvements to the Skill Plan card and the overview making it easier to see which plans have been completed.
- Improved the messaging in the notification window to clarify when missing skills can be injected remotely or need to be purchased from the market.
New Player Experience:
- Pressing the Escape key no longer skips the introduction video.
- Balin Ferrus can no longer be targeted within the combat scene.
- Removed the option to enable/disable the EVE Input Method Editor (IME) in the game settings or via right-click menu. EVE always uses the OS IME, and this legacy option is no longer available.
- A new ‘Rogue Drone Specialization’ skill is available for direct purchase for 50,000,000 ISK.
- +2% damage to drones requiring Mutated Drone Specialization per skill level
- The following pre-requisites must be met to begin training:
- Amarr Drone Specialization Level I
- Caldari Drone Specialization Level I
- Gallente Drone Specialization Level I
- Minmatar Drone Specialization Level I
- The position of the windowed EVE client is now persisted. This was enabled by a larger refactoring of the window management system.
- Improved the default client settings:
- The default resolution is now determined together with the default graphical settings based on the GPU.
- UI scaling is by default now determined based on the client resolution.
- Anti-aliasing is disabled by default on 4k and above resolutions.
- 🤝Added the ability to center current probe formation on your own ship.
- Added EVE Academy tutorial videos on trading and fitting.
- Updated the Ore Availability information tooltip that is found under the Agency > Resource Harvesting > Asteroid Belts section.
- This section now details the available ore across High, Low, and Null security space.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Mobile Covert Cynosural Beacon in Encounter Surveillance System.
- Fixed an issue that caused Advanced Spaceship Command skill to not affect Zirnitra.
- Fixed an issue that caused ECM to not work on Marauders with an active Bastion module.
- Fixed an issue where a blinking light was not properly animating on the Kirin ship.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Jita 4-4 Trade Hub from using all possible docking animations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the brigthness of some icons to be too high.
- Adjusted cloud cover in the New Player Experience.
- Fixed a range of typos across all languages.
- Added Industry Tab to Strong Veilguard Booster.
- Updated Descriptions on Unstable and Gravid Assault Damage Control Mutaplasmids.
- Updated messaging around a Capsuleer disconnecting from the ESS.
- Added missing localization lines for various languages in the New Player Experience Introduction video.
New Player Experience:
- Fixed incorrect guidance when losing a set destination to a Career Agent within that Agent’s solar system.
- Fixed an issue that caused the framerate to became unstable when tabbing in and out of a full-screen client.
- Fixed an issue with opening an information panel via the Planetary Industry Agency window.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from properly managing their drones when multiple types of drones were loaded in the drone bay.
- Fixed an issue with the Fitting Simulation window not handling the items correctly if there are four or more items in the cargo hold.
- Fixed an issue in the Probe Scanner window where the Probe Size does not scale properly when the window is reduced.
- Fixed an issue where various in-game windows could be dragged off-screen, making them irretrievable.